Wednesday, February 28, 2007

First Impression- Princess Nevermore


The novel I am reading is called Princess Nevermore by Dian Curtis Regan. As I look at the book cover, my first impression is not all that great. I am not too sure if I want to read this book. This book does not seem like my type of book. It seems too chick flick-like, not action, adventure-like. However, Mr. Munson chose this book for me so I figure it could not be all that bad. As I start to read this novel, one thing I realized and took pleasure in from the start is that this novel is an easy read and it is meant to be read for fun. I say this because I realized that this book is not the type of book you really have to read between the lines and analyze it word for word just to get the main picture.

As I started to read this book, I felt like I was a young kid again with no worries. I guess it has to do with the fact that for once, I was reading a book without having to think a whole lot on finding the main idea. Another reason is that this book is filled with lots of fantasy, magical, fairytale-like fiction, which allows me to experience my youth reading again. It almost feels like my inner wild imagination was breaking free from captivity caused from a long time exposure to high school novels.

No comments: