Monday, March 12, 2007

Five-Star Quote- Princess Nevermore

“Climbing the curve of the footbridge, he sank to his knees, peering into the blue-green pool. Are you there? He asked silently. Will I ever see you again?
He waited.
Nothing happened.
Touhing the ring once more, he wished her is love: My heart embraces you.

Adam picked up the blue rose he’d woven into Quinn’s braid the night before. Plucking the petals, he dropped them into the wishing pool, one by one.
- Narrator, Princess Nevermore, p. 232

I chose this quote as my five-star quote because this quote was very touching and almost too romantic. As I read this quote, my heart felt like it was melting, who wouldn’t want a guy that thinks of someone they love in this way. It is almost too sad to see this wonderful guy having to go through this pain and sorrow. I felt really bad for Adam because it shows that he really loved Princess Quinnella and the sad part is that he will most likely never get to see her ever again. The line where Adam says, “My heart embraces you.” Aahh…these words are so relaxing and beautiful. If most guys used these words to their girlfriend, I bet they will all fall for it pretty darn well. (*Boys but this doesn’t mean that you can use it if you do not mean it.)

1 comment:

Bryan Munson said...

In reality though, Karin, do people REALLY talk this way?!!

O.K., true confession. . . they do! One of my favorite examples was this real rebel guy I had in class who would roll his eyes anytime we read romantic scenes. He went off to college and became the party animal I thought he would, and he told me he would never talk like the guys in the novels we read. A year later, I received an email from a changed man. He had fallen in love with a girl and found that the only way he could express his feelings was in poetry and flowery language. He said it shocked him too, but he was never happier.

This did NOT stop him from being a party animal, but when he was with her, the beast was tamed, and perhaps even civilized. Ya gotta love love!